Minivan Express Front Row Ticket!

I have 3 kids, and 2 front row seats in my van. This sets itself up for lots of arguing! When I was a kid, I always got the back seat. The oldest child got to ride up front (after all.. they were the oldest). But I wanted to create a system where every child had the chance to get a front row. So I thought we could settle the debate by taking out 1 of the front row seats. In theory that made a lot of sense. With only 1 front row seat- surely we can take turns and rotate out. However, how in this WORLD am I supposed to remember who sat up front the day before yesterday when I can't even remember to tell the kids to grab the library books. So when the kids jumped in the van yesterday and for the umpteen time began arguing AGAIN about who gets to sit up front- I decided to take some action!

Introducing.... A front row ticket in the minivan express!

From now on- ALL 3 kids sit in the back- period. UNLESS.... you have front row ticket! Now every child has an opportunity to earn a front row ticket, and then and only then can you exchange your ticket for a front row seat on our trip to town. So- you ask.. "How do you earn a ticket"?

Throughout the day I am watchful of extra good attitudes. Attitudes of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self control. I'm looking for someone to take that extra step- do something nice for their siblings "just because", go above and beyond what is asked of them. If I notice it- they earn a ticket! We have only 2 rules: NO asking for tickets and no pointing out their good deed. If they do, they forfeit their front row pass.

We'll give it a go! I designed a ticket in Photoshop, printed them out and glued them back to back (so both sides are pretty). Next step is lamination or contact paper for protection. Then they all went in an envelope in a special place here in the house (for distribution), and I have another envelope in the van (for collection).

Want your very own tickets (to use for your family)? Just comment below (or message me), and I'll get you your own set of tickets for you to print out for FREE!

Enjoy ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Great idea!! This would SO be useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a fantastic idea! I also especially like the rule of not pointing out your good deed. I want some......then I'll just need to convince Brian to get me a new car. :)

    ReplyDelete