Our Behavior System!

I have really been torn over what to do about our behavior program. Its not that our kids have “bad” behavior, but they really need to get a grip on their attitude sometimes… and I have been praying about how to deal with it. Then I came up with this (borrowing ideas and putting things together from others to make it work for us). So this is our new system, and I love it (so does the kids)! This is how it works…

Posted on my fridge is this

If you notice, each kid has their own clothespin with their name on it:




First off, I’ll explain the clip up chart.


At the beginning of the school day, each kids begins on the green spot “Ready to Learn”. This way they advance up, or down- depending upon their behavior. I like this better than starting at the top and only advancing down when your in trouble, as this gives me room to compliment good behavior. Throughout the day, if I notice them following our school rules (such as working diligently, or being kind to others)- I tell them to “Clip Up”… then they move their clothespin up a notch. If I notice them NOT following the rules-I simply tell them “You weren’t following the rules. You disobeyed this rule: __________(fill in the blank). Please go Clip Down”. Then they have to move down a notch. This works awesome for me… as having to clip down really upsets them, whereas clipping up makes them all giddy. They even have the chance to go to the “Top of the Chart” … or even “Off the Chart” (where the clothespin gets clipped on ME! At the end of the day, they earn tickets- based upon where their clothespin is.



They keep all their tickets in the front of their school binder (each kid has their own)- so no tickets get lost.

At the end of our school week (which for us is Saturday).. we have “Celebration Saturday” and the kids can either choose to cash in their tickets, or save them up for a bigger prize! Our rewards are as follows:



Its working great for us. Its fun to watch them pick out and save up for their prize! If your interested in this program, I wouldn’t mind to email you my documents I created, and of course, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I think I'll do it too. Can you send me the documents?

    ReplyDelete